What is Backflow Incense?
When you light a normal incense cone the smoke is moving upward. as the material is burning away. However the Backflow incense is a special incense cone made for Backflow incense burners, which let the smoke drift down creating and amazingly tranquil waterfall effect.
Backflow incense burners come in different designs. My favourite sits in the middle of the image below:
Split Bamboo Fountain Backflow Incense Burner
A stunning backflow incense burner in a black ceramic split bamboo ladder design. When the cone is lit the smoke from the cone cascades downwards in a mesmerizing waterfall effect to pool at the bottom.
For best effects burn indoors in an area away from any sudden air movements.
Currently there are 9 quality backflow incenses can be used with it. Here is a quick overview of them.
- Nag Champa – based on a combination of magnolia (champaca or champak) and sandalwood, or frangipani, a perfect aid for meditation.
- Nature’s Rose – Rose is a beautiful incense to open the heart chakra, and let love flow.
- Chakra Incense – Balances your 7 Chakras, energy centres for perfect alignment of mind, body and soul
- Nature’s Jasmin – very relaxing fragrance, which is also known as an aphrodisiac.
- Nature’s Lavender – calming scent and helps people suffering from insomnia.
- The Buddha – a unique blend of rare herbs, flowers, resins and essential oils, for relaxation and peace.
- Palo Santo – creates a wonderful warm and inviting atmosphere, scenting your environment perfectly for indulgent relaxation and entertaining – doesn’t carry any therapeutic benefits though.
- Dragon Blood – The true Dragons blood is extracted from the plant called Daemomorops Draco, which has been used as a medicine and a dye since ancient times. The incenses contain a resin that comes from the collected and dried sap of many palms: Dracena Draco, Dracena Cinnibari… and rolled into tear shaped balls, which have Red colour. Incenses contain a small amount of the resin, along with spicy and woodsy fragrance oils or essential oils. It is burnt for love, abundance and banishing negative energies.
- White Sage – is a sacred, cleansing, purifying, and protective plant. Native Americans used it in their sacred ceremonies to ward off negative energies and seek health, prosperity and protection.
My favourite incense cone is the Rose. Gorgeous fragrance, very calming.